Every drone pilot needs to undergo an initial training course that will cover drone fundamentals, drone-flying rules and regulations as prescribed by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP)
After learning the fundamentals, the next step is to do a one-on-one flight demonstration. Since Boracay Island is located near Caticlan Airport, demonstration flight will be limited to either an indoor court or an area that is beyond the 10 km radius from the nearest Aerodome Reference Point (ARP). Practice flying in the populated White Beach is strictly disallowed by CAAP and the Malay Local Government Unit.
With Certified Film Maker/s and video creators as coaches, trainees can take basic courses on drone videography.
BORACAY ISLAND DRONE FILM FESTIVAL
INVITING ALL DRONE ENTHUSIASTS!
Gear up and get ready to join the first ever BORACAY ISLAND DRONE FILM FESTIVAL happening on April 27 to 30, 2019. All drone enthusiasts with drones weighing less than 7kg, for non-commercial use and who love creating videos may join, Filipinos and foreigners alike, individuals or groups, beginners and advanced.
Note that drone-flying will only be allowed in designated areas outside the 10km radius from the nearest airport.
Register and get to avail of the following benefits:
• Learn about drone fundamentals and drone-flying rules and regulations and basic drone videography from CAAP Licensed Drone Pilot/s and Certified Film Maker/s
• Get help in securing a permit to fly your drone on the island during the actual drone-flying session to create a video featuring Boracay’s sustainable tourism
• Get a chance to board a yacht and tour the island
• Get to enjoy discounts from various establishments on the island
• Be part of the first ever Boracay Island Drone Film Festival and get to bring home a Certificate of Attendance and get a chance to bring home a cash prize, a trophy and a Certificate of Participation
• Be part of a community of drone enthusiasts from different countries
• Get to bring home a Welcome Kit that contains the official Boracay Island Drone Film Festival t-Shirt, USB with training materials, notebook, pen and other goodies
• Get an all-access ID to the various events on the island in celebration of the Sustainability Week
• Get to enjoy free snacks and meals and unlimited cups of coffee during sessions
– Registration Fee is P4500 up to April 15, 2019
– First 30 Registrants may enjoy the Early Bird Rate of P3500
– From April 16, to 29, 2019, Registration Fee is P6000
Additional payment of P1600 per participant for the LGU Drone Permit
Like our Page Boracay Island Drone Academy and stay tuned for updates.
For inquiries, send us a message or call 0925-6000676.